Drawing with a Grid
Published on (09-13-2015).
I was about to use the classic Grid technique to reproduce the illustration below when I thought of using my iPad rather than a paper copy onto which the grid is drawn.
The main advantages I saw with this approach were:
- the grid could be of any color I wished—which helped depending on the area to be reproduced (i.e. dark vs. light)
- I could "pinch out" to get a larger view of the image
Using this Grid Overlay one can:
- resize the image (zoom in/out)
- change the color of the grid
- change the opacity of the grid
- change the dimensions of the cells in the grid
- print the desired results (very handy for #chalkart #streetart)